There has been a lot of activity in Hamilton, the adding of new waymarks, so we headed over to take come pictures and “collect” the them. On the way we passed this interesting historical marker.
Though never as numerous as some national groups emigrating from Europe, Norwegians left an imprint of rural life in Texas. This marker commemorates the dedication of FM 219 in Bosque County as “Cleng Peerson Memorial Highway”
Our first stop in Hamilton was the Park. Pecan Creek Park is an oasis just a block from the downtown square.
The park features a beautiful gazebo next to the creek.
Independent Order of Odd Fellows (IOOF) Cemetery with an archway.
Marker tells story of how teacher Ann Whitney protected her children from an attack by Indians, and died in the process.
Howard Cemetery, an old cemetery now surrounded by houses.
Organized Sept. 5, 1880, its building was first frame church erected in Hamilton. This brick sanctuary was erected in 1947.
St. Mary’s Episcopal Church, built in 1896 a block off the downtown square, is the first Episcopal Church in Hamilton.
An obviously rescued truss bridge without any other information stands outside the Hamilton TX Historical Museum.
The First United Methodist Church of Hamilton Texas is #355 on the list of historic sites kept by the Methodist Church.
We took a different route home so we could pass St. Olaf’s Kirke better known as “The Old Rock Church”.
St. Olaf Kirke, is a small former Lutheran church located outside of Cranfills Gap, Texas. It is now rented out for weddings, reunions, etc.
Archway to the cemetery next to the old church.
The First United Methodist Church of Valley Mills, TX is #371 on the list of historic sites kept by the Methodist Church.