This garden was the estate of Everette and Nell DeGolyer. The Spanish Colonial Revival style home was completed in 1940 overlooking White Rock Lake. Landscape architect, Athur Berger, planned the gardens of the estate. Following the DeGolyers’ deaths the estate was donated to SMU. The house and grounds were purchased by the City of Dallas in 1975. It was entered in the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.
The Arboretum is located at 8525 Garland Rd. During the month of August they have a $1.00 General Admission which is a great deal and the price is usually $15.00.
Tour of the House is included in the price of admission